For November and December, Chorlton will be getting an new pop-up shop – The CAM Hub. Local artists and designers will have the opportunity to sell their work…and just in time for Christmas! This blog post is just to give potential traders some of the lowdown about how the shop will work, and how you can get involved.
* The shop is in Chorlton precinct and will be opening on Saturday 1st November. We will be open 6 days a week from 9.30 – 5.30.
* Our shop will have space for 30 different arists and designers with a range of sizes and prices from £10 per week. You will be required to sign up for 2 week periods at a time. You will not be charged comission on any items sold.
* Half the shop will feature gridwall stands for artists to display framed work. The other half of the shop will be dedicated to handcrafted items. We will also have a featured ‘Baby & Child’ section for work which fits this theme.
* Traders selling in the shop do not have to be present – the shop will be fully staffed. There will be the opportunity for some traders to work in the shop for a small wage, although this is not compulsory.
* We would like to invite anyone who is interested in getting involved to come and check out the shop, any time during the day on Friday 24th October. By this time, the shop fittings etc will be in so you will be able to see the layout. The spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis from this date. All payments for the first 2 weeks would need to be paid by the end of Sunday 26th.
If you have any further questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. And don’t forget – come and see us on the 24th to bag your spot in this exciting new project.